The Executive Training and Animation Programme for cross-border region councils, using the successful ICLRD model linking training and animation developed under CroSPlaN I, targeted the 22 Councils involved in the three local authority-led cross-border networks, namely:
- Irish Central Border Area Network (ICBAN);
- North West Region Cross Border Group; and
- East Border Region Ltd.
The programme was delivered through a programme of plenary sessions, seminars, discussion forums and working groups.
As demonstrated in CroSPlaN I, this programme has improved the quality of cross-border cooperation and provided a critical forum to bring together cross-border councils, selected cross-border bodies and central government departments to support joint solutions supported by collaborative agreements.
The programme consisted of 10 modules; with post module reports to be prepared for the initial five plenary sessions. Modules 1-5 involved all councils that make up the three cross-border networks mentioned above. The modules were organised and delivered through a mix of seminars and working group discussions, with issues such as territorial cooperation, community planning, public sector reform, efficiency agendas and customer-centric governance lying at the heart of the programme.
Post-Module Reports for Modules 1-5
- Module One – Visioning Local Government: Reform, Realisation, Responsibility
- Module Two – Exploring the Operational Framework: Brussels to the Irish Border
- Module Three – Steering a Course: Leadership and Decision-Making in Spaces of Transition
- Module Four – Service Delivery: New Models of Delivery and Community Empowerment
- Module Five – Strategic Cooperation: Strength in Unity of Purpose
Please see the training website for more information on the modules and various readings http://iclrd.org/training-crosplan/